Technical, Vocational Training and Certification
In the context of a rapidly changing global economic scenario, the development of knowledge and skills is critical in maintaining the competitiveness of various industries and sustaining the growth of a country as a whole.
The ACCCIS will assist the local Chinese technicians, some of whom are business owners, who have the experience and skill but do not have the certificate, to obtain recognized certificate issued by technical, vocational training institutions and various certification centers.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) (Pengiktirafan Pencapaian Terdahulu (PPT))
- What is PPT?
Recognition of Prior Achievement (RPA) or formerly known as the Accreditation of Prior Achievement is a method to give recognition to any individual who can demonstrate skills outlined in the National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS) based on prior experience and achievements.
- What is Malaysian Skills Certification (SKM)
Malaysian Skills Certification is issued by the Department of Skills Development. This certification offers five (5) levels of authentication:
- Malaysian Skills Certificate (SKM) Level 1
- Malaysian Skills Certificate (SKM) Level 2
- Malaysian Skills Certificate (SKM) Level 3
- Diploma in Skills Malaysia (DKM) Level 4
- Advanced Diploma Skills Malaysia (DLKM) Level 5
- Who can apply?
Skilled and experienced worker without any certificate of qualification.
|2 years||SKM 1|
|3 years||SKM 2|
|4 years||SKM 3|
|5 years||DKM 4|
|7 years||DLKM 5|
- What the benefits obtained?
For skill worker:
- Opportunity to gain further recognition
- Can improve working conditions
- Able to contribute to career development
- Award of Certificate within a short period of time (no need to attend classes / training / sit for tests)
- Enhance the productivity and competitive
- Saving of time and costs for employee training and certification
- Improve company image
- PPT Application Procedure
- Apply and Register
II. Portfolio Preparation
V. Certification Issuance
- How to apply PPT?
Currently the PPT application submitted through ACCCIM is opened to 11 industrial sectors: Electric Technician, Air-conditioner, Automotive Technician (Tyre), Plumber, Hairdressing, Welding, Automotive Technician (Maintenance), Motorcycle Servicing & Maintenance, Pastry, Bakery, Food & Beverage Service Operation.
Application form can be downloaded and submit to respective chamber or ACCCIS Secretariat or contact us for more details.